Managing a fleet of vehicles, equipment and operators can mean spending a lot of money on fuel. With that comes added tax included in the price of fuel which you can claim back as FTC.
Many businesses aren’t aware of how much of their fuel spend is being used for what purpose, making the process of calculating FTC complex and time consuming. Many also underclaim for fear of a penalty, which means you could be missing out on the return you’re entitled to.
How it works
With Teletrac Navman’s FTC Manager solution, you can collect, manage and compile the right data and complete your claim easily. GPS tracking works by fitting a sensor onto your vehicle or piece of equipment. This captures information such as location and activity and sends it straight to FTC Manager. You can also set up your fleet’s details and claim options. The one web-based interface allows for easy analysis and creation of custom map zones for off-road claims. As fuel is used, the sensors collect and send the data to FTC Manager where its compiled into an easy-to-read report that can be relied upon with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as evidence to support your FTC claims.
Up-to-date data on your fleet means your business is better equipped to differentiate between public and off-road use, making it easy to track how much fuel goes toward each activity.
FTC Manager helps you gain the best return while also cutting down on internal and off-site activities that cost you time and money..
- Maximise your claim with real-time calculation for off-road travel, off-road idle and auxiliary equipment operation.
- Eliminate manual calculation based on approximations and estimates from sample data or past FTC claims.
- Streamline the entire FTC process, by tracking all fuel use and delivering the data straight to the main office which can then run simple reports to calculate FTC entitlement.
- Reduce tax risk due to inaccurate claims, while also getting evidence to claim the amount you deserve.
- Cut down on admin time from re-keying data and looking through receipts and driver logbooks
- Allow for ultimate compliance with two ATO Class Rulings and accredited partner, PPM Tax & Legal.
Getting the most out of your FTC return is crucial to recover costs that can go back into your business. With FTC Manager, your business will be better equipped to make decisions about fleet operations, gain better insights and maximise your FTC return.