Teletrac Navman Now Installed in 100,000 Vehicles Across Australia
SYDNEY, Australia, 2 September 2019 Cheese, chinos and chairs are just a few of the items carried in the 100,000 assets across Australia that have Teletrac Navman technology installed. The milestone marks another achievement for the global fleet and asset management solutions provider, who have been at the forefront of Australian telematics for years.
“An increasing number of businesses across Australia are turning to technology to keep up with changing industry pressures and emerging trends. Our recent Telematics Benchmark Survey found that telematics use in Australia has increased by 13 per cent since 2018. This is reflected by the number of vehicles that implement Teletrac Navman’s fleet management solutions and we are thrilled to reach this milestone,” said Ian Daniel, Vice President & Managing Director, Asia Pacific at Teletrac Navman.
According to research firm Berg Insight, the market for fleet management in Australia and New Zealand is forecast to grow from 0.8 million units in 2017 to 1.7 million by 2022. The firm’s research has also identified Teletrac Navman as the region’s largest telematics provider.
Mr Daniel continued: “As Australia’s largest telematics provider, we track everything from Martins Stock Haulage’s powerful prime movers to City Hire’s utes, Life Without Barriers cars to huge excavators. We proudly partner with our Aussie customers to leverage technology into a solution that increases the productivity and profitability of their businesses, big or small.”
In Teletrac Navman’s Telematics Benchmark Survey 2019, the top three reasons for companies installing telematics were peace of mind from knowing where vehicles and assets are; improved driver behaviour; and meeting compliance requirements. Benefits included reducing fuel costs by an average of 10 per cent, improved efficiency, and reducing the number of safety incidents.
Teletrac Navman continues to support its customers through numerous industry initiatives and research to advance telematics technology.
- Teletrac Navman confirmed the submission of its Electronic Work Diary (EWD) solution, Sentinel, which is the first of its kind to be submitted for approval to the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator as an alternative to paper work-diaries.
- Teletrac Navman partnered with the Australian Trucking Association (ATA) to run industry innovation workshops, including FatigueHack, and Collaboration Sessions at Trucking Australia. These have helped develop game-changing safety solutions like a smart-steering wheel to prevent fatigue.
- Announced SmartNav, a world first heavy vehicle network adherence solution which helps to ensure compliance and drive cost savings for the Transport industry.
- Earlier this month, Teletrac Navman released a whitepaper titled Driving Change: A Closer Look at Women in Transport, as part of a campaign to champion change and increase diversity within the industry. This report investigates the role of women in the transport industry and looks at what can be done to boost gender equality in the sector’s workforce.
- Recently completed its annual Telematics Benchmarking Survey, which found that the adoption of telematics has reduced incidents by 48%, compared to 23% from 2018.
Teletrac Navman employs more than 180 people in Australasia, with vehicles across the ANZ region representing around one fifth of the 550,000 vehicles and assets that have Teletrac Navman technology installed worldwide.
About Teletrac Navman
Teletrac Navman is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider leveraging location-based technology and services for managing mobile assets. With specialized solutions that deliver greater visibility into real-time insights and analytics, Teletrac Navman helps companies make better business decisions that enhance productivity and profitability. Its fleet and asset management technology uncovers information that would otherwise go unseen, helping customers reduce risk and confidently move their business forward with certainty. It tracks and manages more than 550,000 vehicles and assets for more than 40,000 companies around the world. The company is headquartered in Glenview, IL, with additional offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico. For more information visit: teletracnavman.com.au
Fred Azis-Laranjo & Christopher Zahn, Ovato for Teletrac Navman
+61 0294 126 100