Navman Wireless releases next M-Nav generation with Navman Wireless Drive software
New Software set to Improve Driver Efficiency and Safety
SYDNEY, Australia, 6 May 2015 - Today, Navman Wireless Austrlaia announced the availability of its next generation in-vehicle fleet tracking, navigation and two-way messaging device, the M-Nav 950. New features include truck-specific warnings and landmark navigation, on-screen signature capture as well as free lifetime map updates.
The 6-inch, Garmin-supported M-Nav 950 in-vehicle display fully integrates with the Navman Wireless OnlineAVL2 platform. The M-Nav 950 works with the in-vehicle tracking unit connecting with the Telstra Mobile Network or Iridium satellite communication network to the back office. Along with the new hardware, Navman Wireless launches Drive, a comprehensive suite of applications built to enhance driver efficiency, productivity and safety. Drive comes pre-installed on the M-Nav 950 and combines fleet management, communication, navigation, dispatching and documentation systems into one user-friendly driver interface, streamlining processes for drivers, dispatchers and the fleet. Its focus on driver and operational efficiency paves the way for automated tasks, safer roads and smoother communication.
“Fleet efficiency can be largely impacted by distracted driving, manual paperwork and exchanges of job site information,” said Ian Daniel, Vice President Asia Pacific, Navman Wireless. “The M-Nav 950 in combination with Drive removes these inefficiencies by providing real-time updates on daily jobs and driver activity to fleet managers through a single device. It enables fleet vehicles to stay connected, focused, on time and safe.”
Each aspect of the M-Nav 950 was designed to boost efficiency for drivers on the road, as well as managers in the back office, making it a multi-functional tool that can serve as part of a businesses’ fleet management solution. Specific features include:
- Clear Navigation and Routing: Provides the latest in navigation and routing tools, allowing drivers to seamlessly map job locations or other key landmarks from an interactive map screen. Managers can send routing information and updates directly to a driver using their Navman Wireless OnlineAVL2 GPS fleet tracking software platform.
- Easy Two-Way Communication: Easy-to-use driver and dispatch two-way messaging keeps drivers connected and their managers updated, reducing dependency on email, texts and lengthy phone calls. All driver communication is managed via one user-friendly interface, directly from the inside of the vehicle.
- Paperless, Customisable Forms: Using OnlineAVL2, fleet managers can create and customise digital forms and send them as messages to the driver. Drivers can collect customer signatures, order details, access invoicing and more, eliminating paperwork and time-consuming workflows.
- Instant Signature Capture: The Signature Capture tool is readily available with the Forms messaging option and uses capacitive touch, enabling fast and easy signature capture and delivery confirmations right from the field.
- Engine Monitoring System (EMS): Through connecting a Data Capture Unit, Drive’s EMS feature allows drivers to see engine parameters on their in-vehicle displays, such as speed, RPM, temperature, fuel, and oil pressure, enabling a driver with insight into their engine.
- Trucking Attributes: Trucking Attributes helps commercial drivers find the safest routes, avoiding narrow roads, low underpasses and weight-and load-type restricted bridges, while discovering trucking points of interest.
With Navman Wireless M-Nav 950 in combination with Drive fleets have a centralised interface to improve communication, increase productivity and safety, and eliminate inefficiencies. Navman Wireless remains dedicated to products that help businesses get the job done, advancing operations in the vehicle, in the office and through the fleet.
About Navman Wireless
Navman Wireless and Teletrac Inc. are combined to represent global leadership in GPS-based fleet optimisation products and services, including real-time vehicle tracking and analytics that enable companies to monitor, measure and improve operational costs and efficiencies. The joint company's technology currently tracks more than 500,000 vehicles owned by over 40,000 organisations on five continents, making it one of the world's largest fleet management providers. The company, headquartered in Glenview, IL, has offices in the United States, Mexico, Europe, New Zealand and Australia. For more information about Navman Wireless and Teletrac, please visit www.teletracnavman.com.au
02 9469 5740